PMKKK (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kaam Karyakram)(Paper II- Governance)
- The Minister of Minority Affairs, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha informed that the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Ko Kaam Karyakram (PMKKK) has now been named as Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS) Scheme.
- The integrated scheme converges five erstwhile schemes of the Ministry viz. Seekho aur Kamao, USTTAD, Hamari Dharohar, Nai Roshni and Nai Manzil. The scheme has been approved by the Cabinet for the period of 15th Finance Commission.
Aim: PM VIKAS aims to improve livelihoods of the minorities, particularly the artisan communities, using the components of skill development, education, women leadership & entrepreneurship.
- These components compliment each other in the ultimate objective of the scheme to increase the incomes of the beneficiaries and provide support by facilitating credit and market linkages.
About PM Vikas:
Pradhan Mantri Virasat Ka Samvardhan (PM VIKAS), is a skilling initiative from MoMA focussing on the skilling, entrepreneurship and leadership training requirements of the minority and artisan communities across the country. The scheme is intended to be implemented in convergence with the ‘Skill India Mission’ of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and through integration with the Skill India Portal (SIP).
- The scheme has the following components aiming to benefit approximately 9 lakh candidates the 15th Finance Commission Cycle:
- 1.Skilling and Training Component
- 2.Leadership and Entrepreneurship Component
- 3.Education Component